Friday, April 15, 2011

My Party Affiliation

I have been repeatedly asked if I was a Democrat or Republican:
I have researched the philosophies of several different parties, and I have not affiliated myself with any one political party yet. As this current election drags on, I find myself questioning party affiliations and the "two" party system. I also find that the rules for each of the parties are very constraining. It may make things more difficult in some ways, but for the most part, going outside the parties will free me up to keep my stances. I think it's about time that, as a nation, we cease to allow the government to push us into categories and clicks so that they can further their own personal political agenda.
We all have had our trials in life, I know I have. I do not use them as excuses but I do believe that they have helped form me into the man I am now. I have even been teased because of my name, but who hasn't?
I have been classified and judged based on my religion, age or experience. I am sure all of us have at one point or another, it's how we react to those that shows our character and ability to stand up for what we believe in and really create a positive movement in our lives and the lives of those around us.
When I was attempting to grow my business, I had people looking down on me because of my age or the misconceptions of Quixtar. I am still as ambitious and driven as I was then, and still willing to go against the grain and stand up for what I believe in. I have worked with Quixtar for several years, and despite the many attempts to grow the business, I know that I can better serve this country by working on Capital Hill. My own personal business growth can wait for a few years until I feel that I have served this country to the best of my ability, at which point I can again focus on my own personal business ideas.
I believe there are a few things we should consider when electing the President of the United States:
We need to vote for the person best suited to represent the United States and its people as a majority, someone who doesn't have their own personal agenda that changes from state to state.
Someone who tells you what they honestly believe in, not something they say just to win votes.
Someone who can make the best decision for this great nation, whether it agrees with their beliefs or not.
Someone that research the issues and make an informed decision. Research the "changes" they want to enforce and see how it affects everyone, not just some special interest.
Someone willing to stick to their guns and stand up for the "right" thing.

I will maintain my own beliefs but I will not let that get in the way of the people's voice. As a public official it will be my job to represent the voice and beliefs of the people.
I know that I will have to face conflict from time to time. I bring something to the table that no other Politician seems to understand - How to work with less than you think you need. The government overspends on just about everything. I believe that if they were given less to work with they would quickly find a way to make it work.
I also believe that there could be a way to create a balanced budget that works for everyone and hopefully it could even include a surplus so that there may be more tax breaks. I have learned to create a budget in my own household. If someone can not balance and maintain their own personal accounts how can they possibly balance and maintain the trillions of dollars that run through the Treasury every year.

There will be challenges to face, but I believe that I am able to handle the challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment