Friday, April 15, 2011

Effects of the Campaign on my Family

Bringing a private life out into the public eye is always tough and can sometimes be traumatic. I have the same intent with this that Bill Clinton did during his run as presidency, where the public eye was very limited in interacting with Chelsie, there were a couple articles on things that were occurring, but for the most part, she was non-existent when it came to the public eye. Let the children have their years at being kids!
Children are people too, and as such, will have a different point of view than the others in their family. Mine is no different. When I first told my son and daughter, their protests were loud and to the point. They were just getting used to where we were living and didn't want to move again! After discussing the matter, especially why Mom and Dad wanted to do this, both became determined to help in any way that they could.
Of course, my belief is that family should come first in all situations, and if a situation arose that would require harm to my family in order to continue campaigning, I would choose to keep my family safe and secure. We all realize that this is not going to be a simple process, and that the road ahead is so steep that all odds are against us, yet we have decided as a family to stretch and show ourselves ready for the task ahead.
Starting this campaign has already influenced my wife and daughter in a positive way. My wife is focused in every attempt to get our intentions out to as many people as possible, and my daughter is constantly asking about special projects she would like to do to improve the quality of school education and life situations that children her age are going through.

I am constantly encouraged by their faith and attitude and fiercely proud of their unity in this matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment